Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Formal Dinner

Saturday night was a fun night.  We had a formal affair to attend.  There was lots of food to pick from.  I picked my meal carefully ( having to avoid gluten really helped me this time).  I had some salmon & prime rib, water, coffee and a stir fried veg mix.  Not too bad considering.  The one splurge I allowed myself was some ice cream.  You wouldn't believe what I went through for that ice cream  One would think that I was given several omens to skip the ice cream, but oh no, I became more determined than ever!  I waited in line for the ice cream only to have it within my reach, when low and behold the person (idiot is what I was thinking at the time) ahead of me knocked over the ice cream glasses.  They used martini glasses for the sundaes and boy was there a pile of them on the ground at my feet!  I am not sure if I was more in shock, anger or just plain sad, but I stared at the mess for a few moments before I bent down to help clean up the mess.  Just my luck, they decided to close that line, for safety sake (I personally thought that the people were being lazy and wanted the break).  So I proceeded to another line, then another line and then another line!  By this time I had worked up a major craving! I did finally get my sundae.  I can't say it was really worth all that either!

No comments:

Post a Comment